[TYPO3-dev] Eclipse, phpEclipse, DBG and Typo3?

Tue Jul 11 11:29:53 CEST 2006

ernst parth wrote:
> This is indeed a "feature" of the Eclipse Editor view implementation. This
> is not a restriction with other views.
>
> You can (only tested on windows XP):
> move Views like Navigator, Outline, ... to a new window on another monitor
> without problems.

Great. Yes it also works here on Gnome. To move Navigator and Outline is
most important.

> You can not move a File Tab from the editor view to another window.

That's a pity. Always drops back into it's Tabs.

> But you can:  Choose "New Window" from the Window Menu and move this one  to
> the 2nd monitor.
> there close all views except the editor and maybe the navigator. Now You
> have 2 file editor windows on 2 monitors.

This is also nice to know. I think it's too complicated in practice ...

> To open a file in the new editorView You can e.g. drag the file from the
> main Window Navigator into the new editor window or use a navigator view in
> the 2nd window.

Regards

Elmar