[TYPO3-dev] Eclipse, phpEclipse, DBG and Typo3?

ernst parth eparth at epatec.at
Tue Jul 11 11:04:00 CEST 2006

Re: Window on 2nd monitor.

> > That is a problem of the OS, not a problem of Eclipse....
> >

> Do you think so? To me the behaviour to keep the single Frames within the
> outer one looks very much like a builtin Eclipse "feature".

This is indeed a "feature" of the Eclipse Editor view implementation. This
is not a restriction with other views.

You can (only tested on windows XP):
move Views like Navigator, Outline, ... to a new window on another monitor
without problems.

You can not move a File Tab from the editor view to another window.

But you can:  Choose "New Window" from the Window Menu and move this one  to
the 2nd monitor.
there close all views except the editor and maybe the navigator. Now You
have 2 file editor windows on 2 monitors.

To open a file in the new editorView You can e.g. drag the file from the
main Window Navigator into the new editor window or use a navigator view in
the 2nd window.

regards
ernst