[TYPO3-dev] Eclipse, phpEclipse, DBG and Typo3?

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Jul 11 14:01:44 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> R. van Twisk wrote:
>
>> 2) You can create shortcuts in your OS (most OSes can do at least)
>>

> The shortcuts are defined within Eclipse, not on OS level. Meanwhile I
> found the shortcut. But that documentation is hidden somewhere. The
> information doesn't popup directly in the context where I expect it.

What I did mean is if eclipse doesn't support it... yo could do it with
the OS...

>>> I have a "double head", two monitors connected to one PC. I did not
>>> found a
>>> way to move a windows out of the the outer frame of eclipse. So I am
>>> still
>>> a prisoner of one Monitor.
>>>

>> That is a problem of the OS, not a problem of Eclipse....
>>

> Do you think so? To me the behaviour to keep the single Frames within the
> outer one looks very much like a builtin Eclipse "feature".

I thought you did mean moving the complete eclipse window over two monitors.
Now I understand (you say frames now) that you simply want to take them
appart on
spread them over the screen. Much like mac and linux apps work (gimp etc...)

>> Maby this URL is something for you?
>> http://eclipse-tools.sourceforge.net/shortcuts.html
>>

> They die a nice try. However very JAVA centristic. The frame handlings are
> missing.

I don't use that so I can't tell. I just maximize some of the windows
where needed and Eclipse give me
a good overview of the code structure etc. Something vi or Emacs doesn't
do.... as far as I know :)

> Regards

Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer