[TYPO3-dev] Flexform ds with graphical configuration

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Jul 11 09:16:15 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> The next step would be to have such a flexform configuration interface as a
> library. So that you can use it in any extension. A candidate for tx_lib.

That's a good idea, since a lot of extension make use of this kind of
interface, like the surveys, mailformplus, tt_products, even the form
wizard in plain TYPO3. A form builder is definitely a good investment.
The only difficulty is the the storage (XML-serialized arrays?) and the
meta-configuration (=which properties of form items are configured:
name, label, values, etc.)
 From my own experience I can say this is quite a complex task and I
don't volunteer for it ;)

Cheers,