[TYPO3-dev] Flexform ds with graphical configuration

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Tue Jul 11 14:35:54 CEST 2006

Hey guys,

don't know if this is what you want but I'm just writing on a new
feedback-form extension that kinda does something like this:

The user creates a plugin and has an empty flexform with one of those
select-boxes to add new elements to it.
The user can chose between input fields, selects, textarea, checkboxes,
etc. - he can give every field a label, can activate a checkbox for
required fields and give a required-field error-message if needed.
The form in the frontend is then rendered according to this setup.
When the FE-user submits this feedback form, it's either send by mail or
saved in the DB: I then create a new "feedback entry" record and also
put the flexform configuration from the plugin into the feedback record,
so every field the BE-user created in the plugin gets stored in this
record and is viewable/editable after being saved.

One thing that bugs me about this method is: Values stored in flexforms
are afaik not represented in the list module, so it's not possible to
sort it by certain flexform fields.
Because of this, I will have to integrate maybe 5 "special fields",
which are actual db-columns and can be connected to a flexform field, so
the value of that field is not only stored in the flexform but also in
one of the speical fields to make it sortable that way, e.g. the e-mail
address could be one special field, so the be-user can sort by that
field, despite the fact he created the field himself in the flexform.

btw.: I'll be using Thomas Hempel's dynaflex extension for this.

I hope to finish the extension this week, it will be published then.

bye,
Thomas