[TYPO3-dev] TER troubles again

Sun Jul 2 19:03:35 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> Elmar Hinz wrote:
> time, the core list is very task-oriented and straightforward. I think
> we could easily integrate another 20 members without any friction
> because of the rigid discipline and almost no administrative overhead
> (the core team has *never* even met until now).

Hi Michael,

so you propose to organize TYPO3 as a big orchestra while Kasper proposes
it to work as a festival of little rock bands.

Well I know a lot of non-commercial rock bands. I doubt that there are lots
of non-commercial orchestras. Motivaltion has to do with creativity and
communication.

>From my pesonal experience there is an optimum size for every team and a
maximum size. In the moment the team is getting bigger than the optimum
size, people start leaving it because of communication problems. When as
many people leave as new people come in the maximum is reached. Each big
team will stop growing or even fork. I think the core team has already
stopped growing.

If Kasper delegates reasonable parts of the responsibility to new nodes, I
am sure new teams will grow around the tasks. Only if the authority of the
teams are motivating enough and if they are not to much splitted. In the
result there will be more people integrated, if it  is done right and not
too quickly.

However nobody will stop you if you manage to motivate an orchestra of
volunteer musicians.

Regards

Elmar