[TYPO3-dev] TER troubles again

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Sun Jul 2 18:02:59 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> The core team is simply crowded out. Nearly 10 people have so much to do
> with own interaction that they have fewer attention for people and input
> from outside. There is no capacity to integrate more people.

Hi Elmar,

I agree with all the other stuff you wrote, but not here: I think the
only really working team is the core team, and it did scale very well
until now. Although a lot of the contributors are not active all the
time, the core list is very task-oriented and straightforward. I think
we could easily integrate another 20 members without any friction
because of the rigid discipline and almost no administrative overhead
(the core team has *never* even met until now).

I agree that this will probably not work for more "creative" tasks, and
it's conventional wisdom that "directional issues" are not as easily
solved as technical questions, but I am not sure if this can be resolved
with team building or any other means except dictatorship.

Cheers,
Michael

PS: I am not at all frustrated with how things work, I wonder why I
sound like that ;)