[TYPO3-dev] Resultlist & Details View USER_(INT)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Jan 18 14:10:35 CET 2006

JoH schrieb:

> Sorry, but IMHO it's stupid to let any plugin "decide" how things have to be
> done.
> This decision is up to the admin only and this is why it should be done
> using TS.

Huh? Sorry, this doesn't make much sense to me. The new USER_CINT will
enhance your options.

And fiddling with the type of a plugin is dangerous anyway. When I write
an extension I set the type. and my PHP code doesn't expect the type to
change. IMHO caching is up to the admin, but not the way you described.

The extensions should offer reasonable caching options, which should be
configurable by TS.

> If I want for example tt_news to be cached in LATEST and LIST view but a non
> cached SINGLE view I should be able to set this up without digging into the
> PHP code.
> If this is not possible because the author is thinking about caching in a
> way different from mine the plugin will be useless for me.

The developer may have had many different ideas about his/her plugin.
Ever notived that extensions evolve? Many new features and options have
been added because the developer was so kind to add them so you don't
have hack the code.

Masi