[TYPO3-dev] Resultlist & Details View USER_(INT)

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Jan 18 13:43:13 CET 2006

> I have used the TS-way of changing USER/USER_INT also already, it
> works.
>
>> I don't think it's a good idea to introduce a mixed object since
>> this will lead to a lot of confusion.
>>
>> Just my 0.02?
>
> Well it is a *good idea* to let the Extension-code itself decide about
> wether it wants to behave a USER or USER_INT. Its stupid to have to
> rely on TS-Coding from "outside". ;(

Sorry, but IMHO it's stupid to let any plugin "decide" how things have to be
done.
This decision is up to the admin only and this is why it should be done
using TS.
If I want for example tt_news to be cached in LATEST and LIST view but a non
cached SINGLE view I should be able to set this up without digging into the
PHP code.
If this is not possible because the author is thinking about caching in a
way different from mine the plugin will be useless for me.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
http://www.cybercraft.de