[TYPO3-dev] extension development libraries

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Tue Jan 17 11:15:58 CET 2006

> So what my point is: I think many people are doing the same thing right
> now which makes extension development for beginners more complicated
> because they don't know what to use. On the other side it is just a
> waste of time to do so.
>
> To answer your concrete question: I am willing to spend resources on the
> development of a GENERAL library, so a real Typo3 initiated idea. I am
> not willing to just create another library. I think it is important to
> keep the development in a straight line.

Hi,
I think Jan-Hendrik Heuing currently is going to code some kind of
extension-framework which provides several apis eg. for DAM-related
output, general file-handling, the most common display-types of
extensions (list,single,search,archive etc).
His extensions sound very promising to me and definetly go into the
right direction in the way of providing missing basic-functions. Have a
look at:
- dd_extensionframework

and some example extensions:
- dd_annotation
- dd_dam_gallery

This also could be the right direction for the planned portal-features:
- global and flexible commenting-service
- -"- rating-service
- etc.

This could be the base for a "GENERAL" library and api as it currently
is in active development.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch