[TYPO3-dev] extension development libraries

Sun Jan 15 14:09:47 CET 2006

Luc Franken schrieb:
> Hi Elmar,
>
> I expected such a reply but it is not in the correct place. My question
> is: "Isn't it an idea to take a look at all the different extension
> development libraries to see why there are many of them developed? "
>
> So what my point is: I think many people are doing the same thing right
> now which makes extension development for beginners more complicated
> because they don't know what to use. On the other side it is just a
> waste of time to do so.
>
> To answer your concrete question: I am willing to spend resources on the
> development of a GENERAL library, so a real Typo3 initiated idea. I am
> not willing to just create another library. I think it is important to
> keep the development in a straight line.
>
> I have been looking in the documents and coding guidelines but no
> statement about that is made unfortunately.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Luc Franken

Hi Luc,

the reason why you don't find such a statement is, that all resources of the
official developers are still focused on the core. There hasn't been any
extension coordination so far.

pi_base and t3lib_SCbase need a team to maintain them. pi_base would really need
a recode. So if you are willing to spend resources on the development of a
GENERAL library I think you should start there.

We have just started the extension coordination team. pi_base and t3lib_SCbase
could become YOUR project if you feel able to coordinate people and to cooperate
with the core team. Again I invite you to join ECT and really to do something to
improve the situation. Kaspar plans to support us as soon as TYPO3 4.0 is done.

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extension_coordination_team

Regards

Elmar

- --
Climate change 2006 is killing people: floods in California, drought and fires
in Australia, Texas, Sahel, Oklahoma, South Africa. The Bush administration is
responsible for corruption of the Kyoto Protocol. The US majority is responsible
to the world for reelection of a convictable [...censored by Echelon...].