[TYPO3-dev] extension development libraries

Luc Franken typo3 at tentoday.com
Sun Jan 15 13:13:24 CET 2006

Hi Elmar,

I expected such a reply but it is not in the correct place. My question
is: "Isn't it an idea to take a look at all the different extension
development libraries to see why there are many of them developed? "

So what my point is: I think many people are doing the same thing right
now which makes extension development for beginners more complicated
because they don't know what to use. On the other side it is just a
waste of time to do so.

To answer your concrete question: I am willing to spend resources on the
development of a GENERAL library, so a real Typo3 initiated idea. I am
not willing to just create another library. I think it is important to
keep the development in a straight line.

I have been looking in the documents and coding guidelines but no
statement about that is made unfortunately.

Best regards,

Luc Franken