[TYPO3-dev] Need a special extension/help

matthi matthibcn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 14:44:39 CET 2006

Andreas Balzer wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm looking for a possibility to get the usernames/passwords and the page
> tree from typo3 to an extern php file. What should this file be able to do?
> I want to have a possibility to view pages from outside of Typo3 and be able
> to add, edit and delete them from outside. Therefore i need a file which can
> create a connection to Typo3.
> My first question: Is it easyer to add pages just over the database and some
> php code, or with some classes of Typo3 (which i don't know yet..)? My
> second: Is this possible at all? My third: Can you help me?
>
> I have knowledge in PHP, etc, MySql, etc but not in Typo3 Coding..
>
> Can you help me?
> Andreas

Maybe I dont get it.

But when you dont want to use TYPO3 at all for those tasks, what will
you use TYPO3 for ??

Just pull the required data out of your DB as you would do with any
other DB.

The DB is where all your data sits, not TYPO3, so I dont see the need to
  hazzle with TYPO3 in that case ;)

And the same way you could INSERT data in any given table in your DB
using "ordanary" php....so if you have that knowledge of php/mySQL I
dont see any problem here

Maybe its just ingnorance, I would understand if one asks about how to
get the DATA out to not have TYPO3 involved in the FE at all, as it
still is known as slow, but to INSERT data in the DB, I still think that
is what its best for...as it´s talking about "managing content"

Cheers

Matthias Oesterle