[TYPO3-dev] Need a special extension/help

Andreas Balzer newsgroups at andreas-balzer.de
Tue Jan 17 17:01:42 CET 2006

Hi!
Well, in my case, i need it for a schoolwebsite w w w . e s s - e r f u r t
. d e (please remove spaces.. just that G o o g l e won't index it..)

You know, the pupils have the time to learn, how all the BE stuff works, and
some teachers too. But if you want to give the teachers "special" tasks like
"Create your own contents for our website, and upload them, you have your
own useraccount there and it works like.. and there is the documentation
with many videos and flash movies" they just say "why don't you do that??"
So currently we have to add thousands of pages in our website.. And everyday
more are comming.. So.. our problem: every written page of our teachers is
made with M$ Word.. So we have to extract the contents, clear all these word
tags, insert the text in our typo3 BE and save it.. Some would say, that
it's possible just to upload the word docs, and typo3 could get it and save
it as html, but our server is saying "no" to that kind of thing with many
php errors.. (don't know why.. ..but our hoster isn't that good..)

Ok.. So we're looking for an other method. The easiest way would be, to
create a word script and a dot file where all the Be users could just write
their text in their normal everyday program and just hit the button "upload
all that stuff to the website" where a wizzard would pop up and you have the
possibility to log in, and then you just say, that the file should be placed
in the second sub category of the Typo3 website root.. The wizzard could
then add the create, last edit, from to times, etc.. sets the flag to
visible, send an eMail to the admin (just to see if everythings fine) and
finaly the wizzard could do all the rest of the work a user would normaly
have to do in the Typo3 BE.. The only difference is, that you have
1) enter your login informations (username and password), click on Login or
where the site should be uploaded to and finaly confirm everything with
next.. Just about 5 clicks and the page is online with everything that has
to be done.. Automaticly..

And if we have that, we just create a script for Windows, where you can see
the pagetree of Typo3 like a normal Windows folder in your Windows work
place. (like you can mount a webfolder)

We already have a working solution for images, but a solution for texts
would be nice..

news:mailman.1.1137332707.25897.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...