[TYPO3-dev] OT: Graphical CVS client for OS X?

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Tue Jan 10 13:44:56 CET 2006

On 1/10/06, Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2006 at typo3.com> wrote:

> Until now I'm completely surprised of how well working OS X is, but
> even more surprised why its not more popular. I want to buy one for
> my father, mother, brothers, wife and friends (yes, who doesn't want
> to be my friend now :-)

And when you DO decide to buy and compare what $1K will get you in PC
and Mac world - is when you get over it ;))) Been there, done that ;)

You'll always be stuck with looking for stuff that works almost like
real development tools available for PC/Linux. I switched to Mac for
development about 2 years ago and spend about half a year struggling
with it. There are tons of very useful development tools that are not
available for Mac. To me, the deal breakers were Komodo, lack of any
decent UML editor and EMS MySQL and PostGreSQL managers. What you'll
find is either something you need to build through Fink (50/50 chances
of it working properly) or Java based (will work a lot slower, since
Mac Java is a lot slower than Intel-based).

You said it right, Mac IS for your father and mother, maybe your
brother (if all he does is Word & Excel), but not for you;))) Keep one
on your desk and check if stuff works in Safari from time to time,
though. It's great as CD/MP3 player and all Mac-crazy folks who visit
you will think you are their friend ;)

--
Dimitri Tarassenko