[TYPO3-dev] OT: Graphical CVS client for OS X?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue Jan 10 14:30:57 CET 2006

Thanks Dimitri for sharing your always strong views :-)

MS is no option for political reasons.
Linux is no option for application reasons (anymore).
I actually realize that if you want to do coding most of your time
you might like Linux better. And the keyboard on Mac powerbooks sucks
pretty much, at least in the beginning where you are constantly
playing hide'n'seek with every special character you use in coding.

For me it has been like a walking in a desert missing Photoshop and
lots of other mainstream applications. So pros and cons weighted
against each other I am better off with the mac. I can feel that inside.

Finally; You are mentioning available applications as the reason for
staying away. I mention applications as the reason to migrate. What
we should truely fight is platform-lock-in because of application
availability - then even Windows would be an option some day because
you can _choose_ instead of being its prisoner.

That said: Mac has unmatched usability. They make computing easy,
pleasant and effective. I find that my mental resources are freed to
be spend on issues that matter. We could learn a lot from them for
TYPO3.

- kasper