[TYPO3-dev] Jedit Typoscript plugin released

Neil Bertram neil at tasmanstudios.co.nz
Sun Feb 26 14:16:50 CET 2006

Hi

 > Hi Neil.
 >
 > Thanks a lot for the download links. Installed them both and *heureka*
 > it worked. I can see all my templates and syntax highlighting works too.

Excellent

 > Looks really like a much more convenient way to edit the templates than
 > the traditional way. Thanks a lot, great work.
 >
 > One last question: I know the typoscript plugin is beta, and the jEdit
 > is a pre-release I guess but:
 >
 > Is there a risk of loosing or screwing up of Typoscript data ? Would you
 > recommend using it in a critical production environment? Apart from the
 > security concerns because of the unencrypted Backend-Password.

The company I work for has been using the original version since
December on production sites. We take automatic database and site
backups every night, so I'm not too afraid to use it. We have never had
any issues with that version.

As for the new beta version, in terms of loading and saving it still
uses exactly the same code. The only change is the tree browser.

While I can't guarantee it's perfect, I have yet to have any problems,
and I fully trust it. I only coded that latest version on Friday though.

At some point I guess the TYPO3 security team might review at least the
jeditvfs extension and complain about how I used the auth services API,
but I'll complain right back that there's no real standalone way to test
a BE login properly from the FE. It's encapsulated into a class which I
could swap out with a new one if the core ever supports a more flexible
authentication API.

 > Thanks and good night, good Morning in New Zealand I guess,
 > Beat

Good morning! Glad to hear it worked for you!

Neil