[TYPO3-dev] Jedit Typoscript plugin released

Beat Takeshi beat-takeshi at gmx.net
Sat Feb 25 19:30:43 CET 2006

Neil Bertram schrieb:

>> First impression of the jEdit Plugin (on jEdit 4.3pre3):
>>
>> Seems to work, but:
>>
>> *) Syntax Highlighting doesn't.
>>    (Needs jEdit Version 4.3pre4 which isn't released yet)
>>
>> *) Although changelog says its fixed: Showed only one template per page.
>>    Since I collect all my TS-Templates in one SysFolder... the whole
>> thing isn't of much use to me... :(
>>

>> Must say I never used jEdit before, so please correct me if there's
>> something I could have done wrong. Anyways this looks really promising
>> and I'm looking forward to using it one day.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Beat
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm actually the developer of the mentioned plugin. It does support
> multiple templates at the server side, but the client that's in jEdit's
> repository right now is a month old and doesn't support them. Version
> 0.1.1 of the client is what you're looking out for.
>
> If you'd like to get on my list of beta testers, drop me a line on
> neil{AT}tasmanstudios.co.nz
>
> I can also give you instructions for installing the edit mode manually
> so you get syntax highlighting ahead of 4.3pre4, or if you want to live
> on the wild side, I can provide you with a copy of jEdit 4.3pre4
> straight from CVS.
>
> In fact, I'm feeling generous!
>
> CVS snapshot of jEdit 4.3pre4, including typoscript syntax highlighting:
> http://sloth.webbedfeet.net.nz/~neil/t3stuff/jedit-cvs-20060225-43pre4.tar.bz2
>

> jEdit TypoScript plugin 0.1.1 beta
> http://sloth.webbedfeet.net.nz/~neil/t3stuff/TypoScript.jar
>
> Hopefully you dev types know what to do with them :)
>
> In case you don't, replace your jEdit main directory with the one in the
> bz2 file, or simply keep it separate and run the jedit.jar file
> manually. The TypoScript.jar file gets put into the "jars" folder where
> the current version is. Do a find file for TypoScript.jar and drop this
> new one on top.
>
> Let me know how you get on! I'm eagerly awaiting more feedback :)
>

> Neil
>
> PS: If anyone knows why TER2 is complaining about the xmlrpc_lib
> dependency on jeditvfs, please let me know :)

Hi Neil.

Thanks a lot for the download links. Installed them both and *heureka*
it worked. I can see all my templates and syntax highlighting works too.

Looks really like a much more convenient way to edit the templates than
the traditional way. Thanks a lot, great work.

One last question: I know the typoscript plugin is beta, and the jEdit
is a pre-release I guess but:

Is there a risk of loosing or screwing up of Typoscript data ? Would you
recommend using it in a critical production environment? Apart from the
security concerns because of the unencrypted Backend-Password.

Thanks and good night, good Morning in New Zealand I guess,
Beat