[TYPO3-dev] Jedit Typoscript plugin released

Neil Bertram neil at tasmanstudios.co.nz
Sat Feb 25 10:22:36 CET 2006

> First impression of the jEdit Plugin (on jEdit 4.3pre3):
>
> Seems to work, but:
>
> *) Syntax Highlighting doesn't.
>    (Needs jEdit Version 4.3pre4 which isn't released yet)
>
> *) Although changelog says its fixed: Showed only one template per page.
>    Since I collect all my TS-Templates in one SysFolder... the whole
> thing isn't of much use to me... :(
>

> Must say I never used jEdit before, so please correct me if there's
> something I could have done wrong. Anyways this looks really promising
> and I'm looking forward to using it one day.
>
> Cheers,
> Beat

Hi!

I'm actually the developer of the mentioned plugin. It does support
multiple templates at the server side, but the client that's in jEdit's
repository right now is a month old and doesn't support them. Version
0.1.1 of the client is what you're looking out for.

If you'd like to get on my list of beta testers, drop me a line on
neil{AT}tasmanstudios.co.nz

I can also give you instructions for installing the edit mode manually
so you get syntax highlighting ahead of 4.3pre4, or if you want to live
on the wild side, I can provide you with a copy of jEdit 4.3pre4
straight from CVS.

In fact, I'm feeling generous!

CVS snapshot of jEdit 4.3pre4, including typoscript syntax highlighting:
http://sloth.webbedfeet.net.nz/~neil/t3stuff/jedit-cvs-20060225-43pre4.tar.bz2

jEdit TypoScript plugin 0.1.1 beta
http://sloth.webbedfeet.net.nz/~neil/t3stuff/TypoScript.jar

Hopefully you dev types know what to do with them :)

In case you don't, replace your jEdit main directory with the one in the
bz2 file, or simply keep it separate and run the jedit.jar file
manually. The TypoScript.jar file gets put into the "jars" folder where
the current version is. Do a find file for TypoScript.jar and drop this
new one on top.

Let me know how you get on! I'm eagerly awaiting more feedback :)

Neil

PS: If anyone knows why TER2 is complaining about the xmlrpc_lib
dependency on jeditvfs, please let me know :)