[TYPO3-dev] Browser-Condition and Mozilla Firefox

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 22 10:41:15 CET 2006

Hi Rainer,

> The Mozilla Suite ist still alive, there are (and will be) new versions
> with security related bugfixes (Mozilla 1.7.13 is planned to be released
> in the 3erd week of March). But they have "frozen" the new feature
> development, this also means the used Gecko rendering engine will not be
> changed anymore.
>
> Based on the original Mozilla Suite code, the Seamonkey project will
> continue the Suite deleopment
> (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/).

Thanks.

>> I am not sure but think that the versions can be distinguished by the
>> "Gecko" version (date). So this lead me to a second suggestion:
>
> Remember that there are many Mozilla based side projects using the same
> Gecko version.

Yes but they should all render the pages equally, shouldn't they?

The question is whether a browser condition is made because of a rendering
(mis)behaviour, or because you want to exactly know the name of the users
browser...

I think a condition for the Gecko version is the way to go.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out