[TYPO3-dev] Browser-Condition and Mozilla Firefox

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Wed Feb 22 12:08:59 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

> Yes but they should all render the pages equally, shouldn't they?

yes, I think so.

> The question is whether a browser condition is made because of a rendering
> (mis)behaviour, or because you want to exactly know the name of the users
> browser...

A browser condition in general could not be used only for rendering
issues, but also for scripting issues (JavaScript). And AFAIK a browsers
scripting engine implementation does not depend on its rendering engine.

> I think a condition for the Gecko version is the way to go.

Retrieving the rendering engine seems most important to me (especially
for browsers which are able to switch the rendering engine, like the new
AOL browser...). But an *additional* information about the browser
version could be helpful.

Cheers,
Rainer

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: 79B1 E6CF A6EB 60A1 D1E4 E41E 4C1E F87F 7B40 126C