[TYPO3-dev] Master Style 4 Typo3

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Feb 21 04:53:19 CET 2006

Christopher wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On 2/20/06, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:
>

>>I see what you mean...
>>Personally I don't like to use ID's for styling but for identification....
>>

>Then you are probably making things much more difficult for
>yourself--one of the most useful things about CSS is being able to
>target items by specificity. It definitiely comes in handy that an id
>is 10x as specific as a class...

I actually had problem with flexforms when in my design I used an ID
with a style...
Then I totally forgot that when I re-use the flex the id get's copied
aswell across my page which violates.
That's why I am trying to cut down the use of ID's for style usage.... :)
I still need to find a good balance for that....

>>Can't it even be cut to something like this??
>>h1/h2 are already different tags, no need to use a class for that....
>>

>On any reasonably complex site, you will eventually run into places
>where headings need the same markup, but different styling...

>>        <h1>Whatever</h1>
>>        <h2>Whatever</h2>
>>

>Hm. I guess you're not really suggesting that hx elements get wrapped
>in a div, but the whole content of a particular view, right?

This was not my suggestion, I just assume there there we be more content
in the div...

>>Also I am afraid that is just up to the extension designer...
>>Personally I sometimes if still problems making really good use of
>>CSS... I think most designers do if  I take a look around on the internet...
>>It might be a good idea to make a good CSS design document for extension
>>developers to have some grip on what's going on in HTML/CSS and how to
>>make good use of it when it comes to intergrating it into typo3...
>>

>This has been on my to-do list for more than a year...I also offered
>free css advice for T3 developers, but it basically started an
>argument and noone every took me up on it...

Thanks for your input, suggestion and effort....
Hope that the design document makes it to the wiki one day.

Ries