[TYPO3-dev] Master Style 4 Typo3

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 04:37:31 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/20/06, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:

> I see what you mean...
> Personally I don't like to use ID's for styling but for identification....

Then you are probably making things much more difficult for
yourself--one of the most useful things about CSS is being able to
target items by specificity. It definitiely comes in handy that an id
is 10x as specific as a class...

> Can't it even be cut to something like this??
> h1/h2 are already different tags, no need to use a class for that....

On any reasonably complex site, you will eventually run into places
where headings need the same markup, but different styling...

>         <h1>Whatever</h1>
>         <h2>Whatever</h2>

Hm. I guess you're not really suggesting that hx elements get wrapped
in a div, but the whole content of a particular view, right?

> Also I am afraid that is just up to the extension designer...
> Personally I sometimes if still problems making really good use of
> CSS... I think most designers do if  I take a look around on the internet...
> It might be a good idea to make a good CSS design document for extension
> developers to have some grip on what's going on in HTML/CSS and how to
> make good use of it when it comes to intergrating it into typo3...

This has been on my to-do list for more than a year...I also offered
free css advice for T3 developers, but it basically started an
argument and noone every took me up on it...

-Christopher