[TYPO3-dev] Master Style 4 Typo3

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 07:59:07 CET 2006

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> I see what you mean...
> Personally I don't like to use ID's for styling but for identification....
> Can't it even be cut to something like this??
> h1/h2 are already different tags, no need to use a class for that....
+1
CSS already offers excellent ways to 'drill down' to a specific content
element. The main thing is to wrap the ext object in an id'd div once. Then
leave the rest up to css. In this way, each object can be overstyled or
left naturally styled depending on your preference.

#ext_thing h1 {}

etc. Less is more.

Matthew