[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Feb 13 10:31:05 CET 2006

Hi!

Mathias Schreiber wrote:
> Ok, so we have these two "groups":
> - The developers who want to get rid of symlinks
> - The users who might encounter problems with extensions

Not really. I saw a number of posts in mailing lists that ask about
symlinks and why do we need them. I think many users will be happy if we
just get rid of them.

I will be happy in particular ;) I hate to create these links.

> Remove the symlinks and introduce a rewrite rule that fixes the paths, et
> voila...

Rewrite rules wil not work if extension accesses symlinked path instead
of using correct PATH_* constant.

Dmitry.