[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Dennis Cheung hkdennis2k at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 02:49:49 CET 2006

Hi,

I also did the same thing.
But I did more, I add some statement in .htaccess for url rewrite.
And fixing some variable and make them always pointing to same URL.

It works fine and seem no any problem at all.
Why typo3 need symblic link??
It clause more problem (e.g. installation on windows) then it can gain.

Even it is a Linux, symblic link is not always exists. It is support
by the FILE SYSTEM.

Dennis