[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Mathias Schreiber mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Feb 13 09:30:19 CET 2006

Dennis Cheung wrote:
> I also did the same thing.
> But I did more, I add some statement in .htaccess for url rewrite.
> And fixing some variable and make them always pointing to same URL.

PERFECT!
This way old modules will work with their paths being fixed by a rewrite
rule!
(On windows they won't, but blind-eyed we can expect everyone to use linux
anyways...)

For real:
This sounds like a nice solution for me.
Then we could add a news entry on TYPO3.org which could sound like this:
"Images in extensions are broken?
Before removing the extension read these update steps.
- Check where the file is referenced
- Contact the extensions author and tell him to change it
- temporary solution on linux is to set a symlink from ... to ...
- temporary solution on windows is to set a junction from ... to ...
- If you are not familiar with junctions, copy files X from ... to ...