[TYPO3-dev] Time for AJAX coordination?

Fri Feb 10 13:50:59 CET 2006

tapio schrieb:
> Hi, Elmar
> I put a discussion about AJAX to dev list.
>
> Masi wrote
>
> "
> I recall no consense on which AJAX library to use or to build on in
> TYPO3. I have no opinion on what library is the best (or rather best
> suited), but it should be only one (for BE and FE). Throwing random bits
> of AJAX around the code uncoordinate won't improve matters. "
> Well at least  Onno Shuit, Maximo Cuadros Ortiz and Elmar Hinz are eager
> to develop AJAX for Typo3 BUT on the base what Masi said, this *shoud
> not be a uncordinated*

I just published the xajax library as extension because I found it easy to use.
You only need to know PHP. Javascript is generated. License match TYPO3.

http://www.xajaxproject.org/

I don't develop it. The xajax library is already stable. My TYPO3 extension
still needs some testing and documentation.

> On the base on what Masi said it would be *absolute necessary* to
> cordinate this job and do co-operation. Otherwise AJAX cause just a
> totall mess.

NG typo3.teams.extension-coordination is a good place for projects that need
coordination. Coordinated projects (i.a. AJAX) have better chances to be
accepted as an "official solution" as Kaspar mentioned lately in this list.

Conditions to become an ECT project:

* The coordination project (i.a AJAX) finds a project leading person who does
the coordination, who leads the discussion and the development.
* Interested people (for AJAX: Onno, Maximo, Dimitri, Ingo, etc.) are actively
asked by the person to join the project. (If they don't take the opportunity,
you can't help.)
* There should be at least 3 active poeple in the project, to serve the label
"coordinated" at all.
* The R&D Team has the last decisions.

Regards

Elmar