[TYPO3-dev] Slightly OT: Help with podcasts/RSS/linux codec etc.

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Feb 11 22:14:48 CET 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> problems. Could someone confirm Michaels observations, or share
> experiences/problems and most importantly; Device a strategy for  making
> the podcasts available on Linux as well?

I have two 64bit AMD machines and the native 64bit mplayer (i don't use vlc) doesn't
have codecs for playing it. This is also a problem with all other DXM (or somehow like that)
encoded streams.

But a 32-bit compatibility library version of mplayer plays the stream well even on those
64 bit machines.

greets,
Bernhard