[TYPO3-dev] About bugs - sometimes a matter of taste

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Feb 9 21:27:26 CET 2006

> I don't know who proposes what, but you're right this issue is about
> matter of taste. I'd use the BE language for the labels, but happily
> await just another user TS setting to make it configurable :-)

ok. Good to know. In fact quite easy to implement concering frontend
editing edit panels admin panels and edit icons.

If you add you own texts before of after those panels the problem is
that there is condition for page language

[globalVar =GP:L=0]

BUT not for BE interface language

[globalString = LANG:lang = fi]

doesn't work ($GLOBALS['LANG'] set BE-interface
related language labels and I tried to use it at the same principle as
[globalVar = TSFE:id = 52])

If you want to add BE-interface related texts using constants, you must
create your own user functions, for example
[userFunc = user_be_user_lang(fi)]

It would be nice, if there would be as default some BE-user related
conditions.

> This is a know general TS bug. To set a 0 key you have to use it like this:

> mod.web_layout.menu.function.0=0
> It has nothing to do with quick edit, but yes it is a) annoying and b)
> I'm not sure if it is documented anywhere.

ok.