[TYPO3-dev] SOLUTION (?) : Multiple XCLASS inheritance

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 19:17:18 CET 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> Also, inheritance as a whole should be avoided in our future
> architecture, rather objects should be more atomic so we can use  other
> patterns for pluggin in functionality/services etc  ("strategies" et
> al). Hooks is the precursor for this idea.

I beg to differ: Inheritance should be used more often in the future. If
you build real objects with encapsulated methods and data, their
instances *are* atomic. However, this makes only sense if you use
classes for objects and not primarily as namesspaces. Of course, nobody
can be interested in inheriting from TCEmain or t3lib_div ;)

The flexibility should come from advanced factory functions that know
what to instanciate in what context. Kind of like makeinstance() on
steroids.

Greetings,
Michael