[TYPO3-dev] [eID] $conf-Variable

Björn Kraus kraus at phoenix-medien.de
Sun Dec 17 11:14:04 CET 2006

Radu Cocieru wrote:
> Hi,
>
> but this kind of defeats the idea of a light eID since that code
> starts/enables most of the Typo3 FE.
>
> As a workaround to the TS problem I found it quite workable to use
> flexforms that are stored into tt_content where the plugin resides, so
> with the eID call I pass the page ID and the uid of that
> content(tt_content) element.
>
> So after starting with eidtools and connectiong to the DB, I just get my
> configurations from the flexform ... stored in tt_content;
>
> This solution has a draw back that I cannot set common settings for all
> plugin instances on the site in one go, I have to set them for each of
> them in flexforms, but this is ok as most of the times same plugin is
> used only a couple of times.
>

> Hope this is of any help.
> Radu

Well I don't want to change the light weight implementation of the eID
feature, which is really helpful. But the configuration of the AJAX app
is a mature problem in the TYPO3-AJAX development.

Perhaps there is a butter way to solve this. But all other solutions
(e.g. saving the $conf var in the FE session, using a temp file) have
drawbacks too.

IMHO this is a architecture problem of TYPO3 and should find a solution
before the introduction of AJAX in 4.1.

Regards
Bjoern Kraus