[TYPO3-dev] captcha

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Dec 14 11:51:16 CET 2006

Zorik schrieb:
>>And so? AFAIK spammers don't care about laws. There are anti spam laws in
>>many countries yet they still send spam.
>

> See, that's about "discrimination". :)
> Using captcha is equal to saying "all bots are spammers".

Well, can you give me an example where a form submit by a bot makes sense
to me as the site owner? Legal or not, why should I want that?

Spidering is fine, after all I want to be in Google, etc. But no, form as
for humans.

> The only solution which could totally prevent spambots - is visitor
> identification.

This would solve quite a number of issues as well, but there are reasons
you might not want identification for everything.

> All the "technology tricks" are good for postponing the spambot, but not
> preventing. You may sleep well for couple of days, but as soon as the trick
> becomes widely used and known - it will be broken (actually, same applies
> to network security).

I'm quite peacfully, but I wonÄt mind if somebody would beat them up or
even kill them. Spammers are scum. Sorrym, but my patience with these
individuals has gone away. To me they are outside of humanity just as theit
bots ;-)

Masi