[TYPO3-dev] List of modifications for TemplaVoila

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Dec 1 09:17:15 CET 2006

Hi!

R. van Twisk wrote:
> I also don't understand Dmitrys behaviors, it seems like he wants to
> have all
> changes nicely spread and documented on bugtrack like morning breakfast
> in a hotel.
> That is not an open source spirit!

Who said this? Take a look how PHP, Eclipse or Linux kernel is
developed. Everything goes through bug tracker, even feature requests!

There is no anarchy in typo3. If you want a patch, put it to bug
tracker, please. This really helps in development and tracking. If one
*sends* me a patch that fixes many things, this patch most likely will
not be applied until it becomes really critical. I do not have time to
put it to bug tracker myself or find how one or another problem was
fixed. Sorry.

> Dmitry could also ask for the patch and do a diff and see what changes
> are in there,

Sure, if you sponsor me for this job, I will do a diff myself. If you do
not sponsor, than sorry. I have enough work to do without making diffs
for your code! Rules are the same for everyone: if you want it in -
submit a patch in unified diff format to bug tracker! This is typo3
policy, not only my own.

> Free  translated it means 'First try to perfect yourself before you comment
> somebody else his bad habits'. Nobody is perfect!!!

Yes. But I am not on a paid job here so I can choose to whom I
communicate and how. This is open source spirit! ;) I do my work by
developing several extensions + core but this is my free wish, do not
forget about it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/