[TYPO3-dev] List of modifications for TemplaVoila

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Dec 1 14:36:30 CET 2006

Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
> R. van Twisk skrev:

>>> Well - in this case it's hard to contact the responsible developer,
>>> because
>>> Dmitry (like many others) decided to ignore Tapio's mails. And I can
>>> understand that it is not very comfortable to split the whole stuff up
>>> into
>>> smaller chunks and file a feature request for each of them in the
>>> bugtracker.

>>> It seems that Tapio's behaviour now is paying back. Many people told him
>>> that it's not wise to talk about the work of other people in the way
>>> he did.
>>> Now he has got the problem, that his work, even though it might not be
>>> too
>>> bad, is more ore less ignored by those people.
>>>
>>> Bad luck ...
>>>
>>> But maybe both, Tapio and Dmitry could take a step back and try to start
>>> again with a more professional behaviour ;-)
>>>
>>> Would be good for the project ...
>>>
>>> Joey
>>>

>> hey Guys,
>>
>> I just wanted to tell that Tapio did a great job on my project. He did
>> meet the deadline
>> and he also did meet the requirements where it was possible to meet the
>> requirements.
>> IF there was no good 'TYPO3' solution, then Tapio could always find a
>> suitable solution
>> that could meet my clients requirements.
>>
>> Great job Tapio!!!!
>>
>> Currently we are waiting for clients approval and bug solving phase but
>> it looks good.
>>
>> Now this, Tapio want's to give the changes back to the community which
>> is great!
>> I also don't understand Dmitrys behaviors, it seems like he wants to
>> have all
>> changes nicely spread and documented on bugtrack like morning breakfast
>> in a hotel.
>> That is not an open source spirit!
>>

> Well, I understand why using the bugtracker is preferable. If everyone
> had their own different way of supplying with new patch, feature
> requests and so on, the developer could soon lose the overview. Keeping
> things like this in a system is a must.
> I haven't used the bugtracker much, but is it that hard following these
> guidelines?

You didn't read my response well,
of course bugtracker is preferred and the only way.

However it is not always possible to make for every little item
a new patch. That would means we would have create around
20-30 patches in bugtrack. And since it is polluted with information already
Tapio just wanted to communicate to see what might have been of interest.
(I remember somebody saying a patch a day keeps the fork away...)

Look what we have now... A long thread about nothing and
pointing towards each other. I don't think that is a good sign of
community spirit. Specially if I read that people don't
communicate because the don't like somebody else, common guys
this is not kinder garden anymore.

Read, think... sit back 5 minutes before you answer instead if trying
to rand towards each other in a rage of anger.

It's all I wanted to say.....

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk