[TYPO3-dev] About dynamic menus

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 21:24:33 CEST 2006

Hi Tapio,

On 8/29/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at atwebteam.com> wrote:
> Christopher kirjoitti:
>

> > Tapio I haven't used this extension, but if there is _any_ gap,
> > however small, between the different 'flyout' parts of the menu, this
> > will make the menus really hard to use. If you think this is might be
> > related to your problem, you can try to alter the css used by the menu
> > so that the child menus overlap their parents somewhat.
>
> that maybe the situation because there is bottom border in IE
> >
> > By the way, since you mention the problem is IE 6, you should also
> > check for conflicts with
>
> > b) javascript conflicts (in IE 6 suckerfish menus rely entirely on
> > javascript, so it could be that another script is somehow
> > interfering).
> the pages has TMENU_LAYER menu below
>
> Anyway you have some ideas trying to solve the problem.
> That could help also the plugin developer.
> Otherwise nice plugin. Basically 'toolbar' in EDITPANEL  but
> has some extra options and page/content options divided into two menu.
> test
>
> http://t3test.xetpoint.com/typo3/index.php
>
> tester + tester
>
> and then 'Front End'
>
> on top pife_feediting version and lower mine.

Looks like I might have been right; notice how when you mouse over the
top-level items, the ENTIRE item is a link, but when you mouse over
the second-level item, there is padding and a border OUTSIDE the link.
This means that the mouse (if moved too slowly) will not be over ANY
link for a few pixels. This allows the menu to close or collapse. Try
playing with the following line in the CSS (the default value is 1.8):

DIV#div-editNav ul li ul { top:1.5em; }

-Christopher