[TYPO3-dev] documentation for all system extensions

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Thu Aug 24 12:21:30 CEST 2006

Quoting Erik Svendsen <erik at linnearad.no>:

> Hello Dmitry,
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Another idea is to prepare a separate tar.gz with docs only. This
>> should have the same directory structure as typo3 package and come for
>> each typo3 version.
>>

> A separate package could be a good choice on development servers.

I wonder why we always have to fall back to tar.gz or zip packages for
anything that people prefer not see in the core... We have TYPO3
extension manager and T3X as a very good and easy format and we also
have T3D...

If (and as mentioned earlier I tend not to agree with this) we do not
ship docs with system extensions, I hardly see myself having to log in
via SSH or any other shell method to the server just to put
documentation there once the system is running.

Stephane