[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Icon Contribution

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Aug 18 22:30:30 CEST 2006

Christopher wrote:

> The latter is how I work--cuts down tremendously on the excess cruft
> in the code. I'll reiterate that assigning a class to every element by
> default borders on insanity--it's an absolutely terrible way of
> writing markup.

not all elements need it but container DIVs tables and remarkable
table cells. What is inside cell can be assigned in many cases
using td.something strong {...}

The necessary quantity the quantity, which allows to define all
elements directly or indirectly.

Setting backgrounds and borders is just one way to make layout.

> As I mentioned, I'm not at all familiar with the skinning API--but
> judging /only/ by the HTML output in the BE, I'd guess it must be
> awesomely inflexible (truly incredible numbers of table cells and
> deprecated presentational attributes).

there are those, but those are not bad for skinning, if there are
enough classes. But direct style attributes without necessary quantity
of classes is just the worst possible issue for skinning.

I made skin, but the result for the TemplaVoila view is really far from
the desired result because of missing classes and direct style
attributes - that combination just makes impossible to create desired
skin. It doesn't use much deprecated presentational attributes but
direct style attributes are even worse for proper skinning. TemplaVoila
is however exception because it is under construction and the layout for
it is just a bad hack using style attributes.