[TYPO3-dev] Better TER categories

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Aug 15 12:04:55 CEST 2006

Hi *,

after the huge motivational boost from T3DD06, I'd like to make TER more
useful. One key to that is categorization. At the moment we have a
handful of categories, which is great for sectioning in EM but sucks for
more precise categorization.

A few thoughts and questions:

1. Do we want 1 ext -1 cat relationships like we have now, or tag-like 1
ext - N categories? The former is certainly easier to manage, since we
only need to update the list of official categories. Simple categories
also allow for sectioning in the EM list interface. OTOH, tags are more
flexible and trendy ;)

2. If we stick with categories we need a hierarchical tree, so that you
can ideally match your extension to a distinct category, or simply move
up one generalization level if you're in doubt or don't have a perfect
match...

3. Somebody has to come up with that schema ;)

Greetings,
Michael