[Typo3-dev] Reusing content elements in Templavoila

Guðmundur Stefán Þorvaldsson gummis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:15:41 CET 2005

Hi list. I'm working on a site using TV.

There is one issue that seems to be unclear to me, that is how to reuse
content elements without having to reference them by hand. If your not
sure what I mean, I'll give an example.

I've created everything thats needed for my site to work, and it works
beautifully. I've created the main template for my index page that works
and a Flexible Content Element inserted into this template via the
TVpage module as content on subpages.

This is where my problems begin. This FCE has 4 content elements of its
own, 3 of which are always the same thru out the site and one containing
the main content, changing from page to page. I want the FCE and the 3
always-the-same elements it contains to be automatically created
everytime my user creates a new subpage!!!!!

As you know this is not what happens. So my question is how might I go
about doing this?

The FlexForm xml for the tt_content(uid:7) element that has been created
(the FCE) and inserted in the main template is:

    1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
    2: <T3FlexForms>
    3:     <data type="array">
    4:         <sDEF type="array">
    5:             <lDEF type="array">
    6:                 <field_submenu type="array">
    7:                     <vDEF>8,13</vDEF>
    8:                 </field_submenu>
    9:                 <field_breadcrumb type="array">
   10:                     <vDEF>9</vDEF>
   11:                 </field_breadcrumb>
   12:                 <field_subpagecontent type="array">
   13:                     <vDEF>10</vDEF>
   14:                 </field_subpagecontent>
   15:                 <field_belowmenubuttons type="array">
   16:                     <vDEF>11</vDEF>
   17:                 </field_belowmenubuttons>
   18:                 <field_contentcontrol type="array">
   19:                     <vDEF>12</vDEF>
   20:                 </field_contentcontrol>
   21:             </lDEF>
   22:         </sDEF>
   23:     </data>
   24: </T3FlexForms>

A thought of mine was that I could use this code somewhere, like in the
DS for the FCE to get this content into my object. Any thougts on this???

Anyway, if anybody knows what I'm talking about and has a solution, I
would very much appreciate any help.

Let the good times roll,
Gudmunur