[Typo3-dev] Non-GPL licence on a GPL extension

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Thu Nov 24 22:02:42 CET 2005

JoH schrieb:

> If your interpretation of the GPL was reality this would mean that nobody
> could use TYPO3 running on Microsoft-SQL-Servers?

I forgot:

However, as a special exception, the source code distributed need not
include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or
binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of
the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component
itself accompanies the executable.

See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs

BTW, you cannot use the mentioned loophole. The way I see the only
person who could do that is Kasper.

Masi