[Typo3-dev] Non-GPL licence on a GPL extension

Fri Nov 25 06:57:57 CET 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> Why would the user be exempt from the licence?!!
>
> Everyone including developers and the end users have to obey the licence
> rules which say no to linking with non-GPL compatible code.
>
> If the user could mix GPL and non-GPL code there would be no point in
> using the GPL at all.

Hi Martin,

the license is short enough and worth to read it all.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
http://www.gnu.de/gpl-ger.html

I find no word about restrictions in usage. IMHO everthing GPL covers is
distribution.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...