[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

Tue Nov 22 20:27:12 CET 2005

Hello David, Kasper and interestd guys,

thank you for your positive answer and interest in joining in, David.

For the biginning I make out three fields:

1. Database
2. API-Level
3. Functional integration

Every field needs to contribute documentation to best practice guidlines
and developer tutorials.

* Database:

An intelligent definition and evolution of the portal relavant tables
(fe_user, fe_groups, fe_roles (?), tt_address, xyz_calendar (?). All as
future proof and backward compatible as possible.

That is the stuff we have just started to discuss. It is the field you
are interested in coordinating it.

* API-Level:

DB-Layer, form library that respects TCA, interfaces, hooks and services

That is the field Kasper is interested in. It's very important for
flexibility and interoparibility of the extensions. But as we still have
a working API we can be delay it for a while until Kasper has more time.
When they have done the BE refactoring.

* Functional integration:

How our customers expect everything should work together in the FE.

That is the field I could imagine to coordinate for the beginning. I
regularly have to read their wounderful and instructive wishlists.

All these three fields are closely connected. That is why we need a
common team and and coordinating leader for it. I think an experienced
developer of a successfull extensions could be a good solution.

 From this three fields other may fork off (documentation, support,
internationalization, customer specific adjustments, fe developer
community, TER, ... ). But I would propose to concentrate on the three
above first.

How do we go on now?

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...