[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

David Bruehlmeier typo3 at bruehlmeier.com
Tue Nov 22 19:17:19 CET 2005

Hi Elmar,

sorry for not writing earlier... I cannot post news at work.

> It would be a usefull step to define an officially accepted model for
> fe_users and tt_address in the first step and then get it implemented
> into sr_feuser_register of Stanislas.

Let's not jump to solutions. I think we could do better than that. :-)

> Joey and David show visions and experience how about the DB model in
> this thread.

I could well imagine to take over the coordination of a specific effort
(e.g. like a solid partner management with all related issues). I would
in no way like the task of an overall "extension coordinator".

I am currently working on a proposal for such a project and I am
planning to post it to the Wiki by the end of the week (hopefully... :-)

Even though I have done some development, I do not consider myself a
*real* developer. Coordinating a project with a specific goal would fit
my "day-job" better, but I must say that I have not yet lead a "virtual"
project in an open-source community. This would be a first for me.

Let me propose this:
1. I publish my project proposal in the Wiki
2. Anybody interested can join the discussion about the proposal for a
week or so. (on the Wiki and in a separate thread)
3. If we can agree on the common base and if there is enough "manpower"
interested in joining the team, we have a go.
4. If we get this far ;-) I want to have official support from the R&D
committee. By support I do not mean financial support but things such as
"management attention", agreement on the roadmap, review of the design,
perhaps code-reviews of critical parts, etc.
5. Then we create the design, split it into development tasks and get going.

What do you think?
- Dave.