[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

Tue Nov 22 17:48:53 CET 2005

Peter Kindström wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>I think that we should establish an extension coordinating
>>team as soon as possible. Over 1000 extensions speak for this.
>

> If this is what the people listed are intended to do, I don´t
> think you should have so many developers (or aren´t they?) in
> the team.

Until now I only listed some names. That tells nothing about the
resulting team size.

> This coordination should not be done by developers - see what
> mess they have made so far.  ;-)  :-)

It's terrible. But in fact that wasn't done by the developers, but by
the absance of coordination and guidlines.

> Sorry, could not resist writing it. But seriously we should find
> people good at coordinating for this task, not people good at
> programming.

Absolutely. We need a well coordinationg leader for the team. Bring him
soon!!! But until now only developers have shown interested this field.
(And our customers at the far end)

> And also some people with visions and overview. Not so many
> people that dig into details - that could be handed over to
> developers later on.

I like to read about your image of those shortsighted developers. ;-)

> Doing what?
> Coordinating extensions, extending sr_feuser_register, define
> the fe_user / tt_address relation or what?

At least that. One may discover some coherences between.

Now come on and find us a non developer coordinator, that is able to see
them.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...