[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

Sun Nov 20 13:30:10 CET 2005

> i'd consider fe_user to be the dispensable table because the user data
> should be as complete as possible. in that sense tt_address offers more.

fe_user is integrated with the FE-Groups and can be extende by any field
you wish to have.  Both belong to the core functionalities.

> and yes, you are absolutely right: unfortunately joining these 2 tables will
> probably never happen since 99% of all extensions use the one or the other
> tables. another idea could be a mechanism of synching the tables
> automagically and use infos via a new API.

Maybe a service could do the trick. So that people can choose. But
guidlines are still needed to implement it into extensions.

Another reason why we need a frontend coordination team.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...