[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder t3 at boswel-remove-me.de
Sun Nov 20 13:09:07 CET 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> Hehe,
>
> only few minites ago I discussed the same problem. To register as a
> FE-User and to register for the newsletter you need to register twice,
> which  makes no sense.
>
> I rather find tt_address the superfluos table, but in fact it would
> make sense to move them into one. But now the different tables are
> coded into many extensions. No easy way to do this move ...

i'd consider fe_user to be the dispensable table because the user data
should be as complete as possible. in that sense tt_address offers more.
and yes, you are absolutely right: unfortunately joining these 2 tables will
probably never happen since 99% of all extensions use the one or the other
tables. another idea could be a mechanism of synching the tables
automagically and use infos via a new API.

rainer