[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon Nov 14 19:15:30 CET 2005

Peter Kindström schrieb:

>>See my reply to Michiel. It was his fault that this could ever happen. If he
>>makes a change to the 3.8.0 source, then it is quite obvious that he will
>>need to repeat this change after upgrading to 3.8.1.
>
> Hmmm, very strange attitude?!?  :-(
> What´s the problem with helping people a little bit more then
> absolutely minimum? Especially when the text was already written?
>
> IMO this unhelpful attitue does not belong in the Typo3
> community... Who benefits from it?

TYPO3 itself and it's community have gained much by Michael's support.

So again here the fact: 3.8.1 is a bug fix release. This means no new
extensions. TYPO3 ships currently with extensions in sysext and
typo3/ext. This has been for such a long time, everbody should know that
extensions should e installed in typo3conf/ext. So absolteky no
3.8.1-specific warning is necessary.

Masi