[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Nov 14 17:47:52 CET 2005

>>> I do not agree, people should be aware that a old version is beeing
>>> installed. New Installations should delete tt_news and install the
>>> newest one from TER.
>>
>> See my reply to Michiel. It was his fault that this could ever
>> happen. If he makes a change to the 3.8.0 source, then it is quite
>> obvious that he will need to repeat this change after upgrading to
>> 3.8.1.
>
> Hmmm, very strange attitude?!?  :-(
> What´s the problem with helping people a little bit more then
> absolutely minimum? Especially when the text was already written?
>
> IMO this unhelpful attitue does not belong in the Typo3
> community... Who benefits from it?

The one who doesn't have to read informations that are simply wrong.

The original entry in the wiki read:

[quote]
TYPO3 3.8.1 appears to ship with tt_news version 1.0.4. Take care to
immediately upgrade tt_news (current version is 2.2.24) to ensure correct
display of news items in your sites
[/quote]

This is not true, since there are
a) lots of installations that still run with this "outdated" version of
tt_news
b) lots of installations that run tt_news in different versions as "local"

In both cases there is no need to worry about updating _and_ of course no
need for scare stories.
Especially in the first case this would cause more damage than the poster
might have expected, since current tt_news is not completely backwards
compatible (and this is one of the reasons, why it is not part of the core)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau