[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Nov 14 22:36:08 CET 2005

Hi Peter,

>> See my reply to Michiel. It was his fault that this could ever happen. If
>> he makes a change to the 3.8.0 source, then it is quite obvious that he
>> will need to repeat this change after upgrading to 3.8.1.
>
> Hmmm, very strange attitude?!?  :-(
> What´s the problem with helping people a little bit more then
> absolutely minimum? Especially when the text was already written?
>
> IMO this unhelpful attitue does not belong in the Typo3
> community... Who benefits from it?

Sorry if I didn't choose a better wording. I was just to spend much time on
explaining what seemed to be obvious for me (and some other folks).
Joey just tried to do. I hope the reason is clear now.

About adding "a little bit more than the minimum": If people start to add
notes to this page with stuff that completely doesn't belong here, this
would raise the question why there are two install manuals.

So finally, the situation is clear now:
We have the Install&Upgrade tutorial, and we have this little document that
contains 3.8.1 relevant stuff!

I hope you see my points.

Best regards
- michael